Be a Man About It

Friday, September 5, 2008

I don't have knitting friends. Nor have I ever joined the any of the groups around SD that get together to sit and knit for a few hours each week. Rarely have I seen another person knitting in public. Nope, my knitting world involves my couch, my small designated "craft area", and the vast expanse of the Interwebs. As such, I have never seen a man knitting, although I know many of them do. As normal as knitting might be to those particular men, and no matter how frustrated they might get by people's looks and comments of astonishment...I have to admit that I would stop in my tracks and say something to a man who was knitting. Not anything negative, of course. Actually I'd be pretty happy to chat with a man about yarn crafts without seeing that he is smiling and nodding along with what I say but secretly thinking, "Oh, god, she's rambling about that yarn crap again!?"

0 comments: