Happy Anniversary To Me!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Needles Galore!! My husband's gift(s) to me for our first anniversary were these bamboo knitting needles and crochet hooks :) I've never used bamboo needles before, but I can't wait to get started. I don't care for aluminum, which is what I learned on, so mostly I have used Denise Interchangables. Anyhow, the sets in the picture above include 5 crochet hooks, 14 pairs of 7" dpns (sets of 5), and 13 pairs of 13" single points. Very nice.

In wip news, I've been working on Evangeline fingerless gloves for my sister. It's good practice for knitting with dpns and picking up stitches for the thumbs (which took me more than one try to do satisfactorily.) Hopefully a hat will accompany these gloves by the time Christmas gets here.


Next I want to knit a small felted bag for my notions. The bag I have now kinda sucks. Anyway, I think it will probably be Cleo Clutch. Seems like it would be about the right size.

2 comments:

Katidids said...

WOW, He's a keeper! Fully trained after 1 yr? You go girl! LOL

Candy said...

Hehe, I know! He's a pretty good husband!